- Your trust is very important to us. We believe that buying a second-hand watch or jewel online should be simple and honest. For this reason, we guarantee that every new & second-hand watch or jewel on our site and in our shop is 100% authentic.
- We stand behind this authenticity guarantee with a full money back refund on any watch not found to be completely authentic.
Import taxes & Custom fees
- International buyers (All buyers outside Switzerland) will be responsible for their country’s customs fees and import taxes, buyers are kindly requested to contact the customs authorities for an exact tax estimation.
- Import taxes may vary if the watch is a second hand or a brand new one.
- Watches & jewels bought in the shop are not subject to full refunds unless there is a defect with the product itself.
- Watches & jewels bought online can be returned and granted a full refund within 3 days after the receival of the product.
Full refunds can be denied in the following cases:
The watch or the jewel shows signs of usage (Scratches, removal of stickers etc.…)
- The expenses of the return should be covered completely by the buyer. The package should be insured with the product’s value, in case of a lost package the buyer will be responsible for the loss.
- In case the watch is new, it has a valid warranty from the original manufacturer then in case of defects, all repairs will be covered by the original manufacturer.
- In case the watch is a second-hand and it has been originally produced before the 1990 (included) it is given our in-house one-year warranty.
- In case the watch is second-hand and it has been originally produced after the 1990(excluded) it is given our in-house 2 years warranty.
The warranty covers the following:
- Any mechanical defect within the warranty timeframe.
- Any product-appearance defect noted by the client, when receiving the product in case the watch or the jewel has been shipped.
The warranty does not cover the following:
- Damage done to due to the use of the watch or the jewel, such as (scratches, glass breaking, crown damaging etc.…)
- Water resistance is not covered by our warranty in case the client doesn’t keep the crown, or the pushers firmly closed. (N.B: Every watch has specific level of water resistance which is engraved on the back of the watch)
The following table shows what are the activities can be done according to the watch’s resistant levels:
Water resistance level
Water resistant 30 m or 50 m
Suitable for washing hands. 50 m suitable for showering and light swimming.
not suitable for swimming or diving
Water resistant 100 m
Suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkelling, sailing and water sports.
not suitable for diving
Water resistant 200 m
Suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports.
suitable for diving
Diver’s 100 m
Minimum ISO standard (ISO 6425) for scuba diving at depths NOT requiring helium gas.
Diver’s 100 m and 150 m watches are generally old(er) watches
Diver’s 200 m or 300 m
Suitable for scuba diving at depths NOT requiring helium gas.
Typical ratings for contemporary diver’s watches
Diver’s 300+ m helium safe
Suitable for saturation diving (helium enriched environment).
Watches designed for helium mixed-gas diving will have additional markings to point this out
- We ship internationally with our logistics business partners (UPS, Fedex, Swiss post & Bianchi).
- Shipments are fully insured by Taleda until the clients receive the package.
- For Accessories and items costing less than 1000 Swiss francs or the equivalent, Shipping costs are agreed on with the client.
- As a courtesy, shipping costs for Watches and jewelry with a price over 1000 swiss francs are covered by Taleda.
Additional general information
- Taleda SA, is not in any way affiliated with the brands of the products offered on the website.
- Taleda SA, is not an official retailer for any brand presented on our website.
Art. 1 – Information about the Collection of Personal Data
- Personal data collected by us when you use our website means any information by which you may be personally identified, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
- The data controller as defined by Art. 4(7) GDPR is TALEDA SA, Via Pessina 20, CH-6900 Lugano (Switzerland), firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you contact us via email or via a contact form, the data provided by you (your email address, your name and your telephone number, where applicable) is stored by us to enable us to reply to your questions. Once the storage is no longer necessary, we delete the data collected in this context or limit the data processing, if there are statutory retention requirements.
- We may use contracted service providers to provide individual functions of our offering or may use your data for personal advertising purposes; see below for details of the related processing operations and storage periods.
Art. 2 – Your Rights
- You have the following rights regarding your personal data collected by us:
- Right to information;
- Right to correction or deletion;
- Right to limitation of the processing;
- Right to object to the processing;
- Right to data portability.
Art. 3 – Collection of Your Personal Data Upon Visiting Our Website
- If you use the website only for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or do not otherwise communicate information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary to let you access our website and to ensure the stability and security of our website (the legal basis for this provided by Art. 6(1) s. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted in each case
- Website from which the request is sent
- Operating system and its user interface
- Language and version of the browser software
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see under b)
- Persistent cookies (see under c).
Art. 4 – Further Functions and Offerings of our Website
- In addition to the range of information offered on our website, we offer various services, which you may use if you are interested. To this end, you usually need to provide additional personal data that we use to provide the respective service; this additional personal data is also subject to the principles of data protection referred to above.
- To some extent, we use external service providers to process your data; these service providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us; they are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
- Where our service providers or partners have their registered office in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), you are informed about the resulting impact in the description of the service offering.
Art. 5 – Objection to or Cancellation of Your Consent to the Processing of Your Data
- Any consent given by you to the processing of your data may be cancelled by you at any time. Such cancellation will make the processing of your personal data unlawful.
- Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on a balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This applies, if the processing is not required for the fulfillment of a contract with you, which is specified by us in each case with the following description of the functions. If you exercise your right to object, you are requested to set out the reasons why we should not process your personal data as executed. In case of your reasonable objection we will examine the facts and will either stop or adjust the data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons due to which we continue the processing operations.
- You may, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You may notify us of your objection by contacting us: TALEDA SA, Via Pessina 20, CH-6900 Lugano, Switzerland, email@example.com.
Art. 6 – Use of Our Webshop
- If you want to place orders in our webshop, the conclusion of the purchase contract requires you to provide your personal data which we need to process your order. Mandatory details to be provided for the contract processing are marked separately; the provision of further details is optional. The data provided by you is used by us to process your order. For this purpose, we may transmit your payment data to our payment service providers (the legal basis for this provided by Art. 6 (1) s. 1 lit. b GDPR).
- We may also process the data provided by you to inform you about further interesting products from our portfolio or to send you emails with technical information.
- We are obliged due to commercial law and tax law requirements to store your address, payment and ordering data for a period of ten years. However, after two years we will limit the processing; that means: your data will be only used to comply with the statutory requirements.
- In order to prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, including your financial data, the ordering processing is encrypted using TLS technology.
Art. 7 – Newsletter
- You may subscribe to our newsletter which informs you about our latest interesting offers.
- We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for the subscription to our newsletter. That means: after your registration we will send an email to the email address specified by you requesting your confirmation that you want the newsletter to be sent to you. If you fail to confirm your registration within 24 hours, your data will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store the IP addresses used by you and the dates of your registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to furnish proof of your subscription and, where possible, to investigate possible misuses of your personal data.
- The only entry required for the dispatch of the newsletter is your email address. After we have received your confirmation, we will store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter (the legal basis for this provided by Art. 6(1) s. 1 lit. f GDPR).
- You may cancel your consent to the dispatch of the newsletters and unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. You may give notice of your cancellation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter email, by using the cancellation form on the website or by sending a message to the contact listed in the imprint.
- Please note that we evaluate your use of the newsletter. To enable us to carry out this evaluation, the emails sent by us contain so-called web beacons and tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. For the purpose of the evaluations, we link the data referred to in Art. 3 and the web beacons to your email address and to an individual ID. Links embedded in the newsletter also contain this ID. The data is collected only in pseudonymized form, i.e. the IDs are not linked to your further personal data; any direct affiliation with your person is excluded.
- You may object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each email or using another channel to contact us. The information is stored for as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After you unsubscribed from the newsletter, we will store the data merely as statistical and anonymous data.
Art. 8 – Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics applies so-called “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyze how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the U.S.A. However, if the anonymization of the IP address has been enabled on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google before the transmission from within member states of the European Union or other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. It is only in exceptional cases that the complete IP address is transmitted to a server of Google in the U.S.A. and shortened there. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services related to the website use and the Internet use to the website operator.
- The IP address transmitted by our browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be collated with other data of Google.
- You may prevent the storage of the cookies by selecting the appropriate browser settings; however, please note that in in this case you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Furthermore, you may prevent the transmission of the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- This website applies Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”, which provides for IP addresses to be further processed in a shortened form; hence, the affiliation with a person is excluded and, where the data collected on you bears a reference to your person, this reference is excluded with the personal data being erased immediately.
- We apply Google Analytics to analyze the use and regularly improve the usability of our website. The statistics gained enable us to improve our offering and to make this offering more appealing to our users. For those exceptional cases where personal data is transmitted to the U.S.A., Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is provided by Art. 6 (1) s. 1 lit. f GDPR.